Updated: Sep 14, 2021
It’s that time of year again!!! Christmas time. Tis’ the season for giving. This is a season where we remember God’s love for us (1 John 3:16 – Jesus is the reason for the season) and are reminded that we must give in whatever way we can. During this season I want to encourage you to Give, Give, Give! Give Love, time, words of encouragement, money to the less fortunate and a SMILE!
Recently, on my way back from work I was thinking ‘what can I do to make someone’s Christmas this year’? Many different ideas came to mind but what I realised was that giving does not only have to involve materialistic things. When we think of giving, the majority of the time our mind is focused on money or the gifts wrapped under the Christmas tree. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that these things are not important, but let us not take our focus away from other ways that we can give.
Many people decide not to give because they believe, for example, that they do not have enough money to buy something worth giving someone. You may not be able to afford that Michael Kors bag that you know your partner would love, or that Dior perfume you know your brother has always wanted. But, there are so many different ways that we can give that can be even more effective than these designer products. Below are a few ideas on how you can give this Christmas, which does not involve having to spend any money!
Ways to Give this Christmas:-
* Give time to someone who you may have neglected or spend time with someone close to you that you have not spent time with in a while.
* Show someone close to you how much you appreciate them (This can be through kind words, spending quality time with them or even complimenting them).
* Give Hope to someone who may want to give up during this season (one word may change their life).
* Give Prayer for those in need, for those who do not have anyone to spend this Christmas with and for those who may be struggling this Christmas.
* Give a word of encouragement to someone that you know may really need it.
And if you are able to buy a physical gift for your loved ones, please do so whilst also giving in some of the ways listed above. Also, if you are looking for ways to help someone in need, or someone who may be struggling this time of year, a way you can do this is by giving to an orphanage, a charity, a homeless person on the street, a food bank or a homeless shelter.
These are just a few ways that you can give to someone this Christmas. There are still a few weeks left before Christmas, so there is still plenty of time for you to do your part in GIVING. So when you get that opportunity to speak words of encouragement to someone or to buy food for that homeless person you walk past on your way back from work, remember to GIVE and put a smile on someone’s face this Christmas!!!
P.S. Don't forget the importance of giving with wisdom!
Love & Blessings